Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The BOOM BOOM Man!


So I was getting ready this morning listening to music and I could hear someone pounding on my door.  So I walked into my kitchen and turned off my radio and just stood there for a min……… do duh do……do duh do...... then I hear a BOOM BOOM BOOM…. and I thought jeez is that necessary!!!! Knock my door down why don’t you.  So I planned on not answering and started to walk back to my bathroom. Mostly because I was not dressed the part to answer a door to a door banging stranger and secondly because he was about to BREAK MY DOOR DOWN.  So I started to walk away and then heard the beating on my door again so I walked up to my door and yelled "what" and “who are you” and he screamed “SECURITY”, and I yelled “I am not opening this door, I am trying to get ready and not dressed appropriate.” He started to yell and then slowly became calmer and said “YOU are not allowed to play your music that loud during the day”…… this is where I wanted to giggle. Did he really just say that? I almost said “Oh so I can play it that loud at night?” He seemed to be a very intelligent security parking lot roamer.  Then he yelled slightly quieter, "this is two days in a row that I have gotten a complaint on you." So I yelled “Ok….. Super sorry I really had no idea I was bothering anyone I will be more careful.” 

I think his banging probably disturbed my whole apartment building.  Are you seriously treating me like a criminal for having my music too loud?  I get that it is a disturbance and I can promise I won't turn it that loud again, but to act with such rage???  I honestly had no idea it was being heard by neighbors. It is not midnight, it is not three in the morning, it is 8:45 in the morning. Four more months and this lease is up....... ahhhhh I think moving out of this building will give me a calmer life and maybe it might just help me find my Zen.

Have you ever had to deal security at a place where you were renting?  Even if you were properly dressed would you have answered the door? 

No comments:

Post a Comment